Friday, February 20, 2009

$25 restaurant gift certificates for $2!!

Restaurant.com is having an 80% off sale! You can buy $25 restaurant gift certificates for $2. Enter discount code DINE at checkout.

I bought a couple of these over the summer when they were having an 80% off sale. So far we have used one. We went to a restaurant we had never tried before. The food was pretty good and just as we were discussing that we probably wouldn't return because the food wasn't "out of this world," my husband spotted a roach on the wall right next to me!! That sealed the deal, we're not going back but I haven't lost hope in finding a good restaurant to buy a certificate from.

I just bought four certificates for $8. This time I chose restaurants that we have been to before. I almost bought a couple certificates to restaurants that I wanted to try but I checked their health department rating and decided not to, I don't want to chance another roach encounter!

Check out the website, this is an awesome deal. Next to the restaurant you will see "rules." Make sure you agree with them before you buy the certificate. For example, some restaurants don't let you use the certificates on weekends, some have a minimum purchase requirement, etc.

If you try something new, hopefully you will have a better experience then I did.

3 comments:

Shari said...

Ive been checking them out in the last week but I have not been to most of the places. Two guys is the only place Im familar with, now Im scared of buying the roach certifcate LOL

SoCalCheapSkate said...

The roach was at Red Hill BBQ. Two Guys is pretty safe. Another good one is Red Brick Pizza on University. It is pretty pricey so spending $35 for the certificate will be pretty easy. Perfect for a night you don't feel like cooking!

Shari said...

cool, Ill get the red brick pizza one, its too convienent not to, being soo close.