Wednesday, January 21, 2009

CVS secret...shhhh

I am beginning to hate my neighborhood CVS. They are very rude and scrutinize every purchase that I make and every coupon that I use, it is becoming very frustrating!! Anyway, this is what I got today:

3 American Greeting cards $2.97
2 Loreal eyeliner $4.10 (clearance)
2 Duracell batteries: $5.98
1 Throat cooler $4.99 (only one left, I wanted to use my bogo coupon but I can never find two and the month is wasting away)
1 Nutratrim gum $3.99

Coupons:
$12 ecbs
$5 CVS Duracell coupon (see secret below)
$2 Loreal eye makeup
$2 Loreal eye makeup
$0.75 Duracell

Total:
$.45

ECBs back $12

Here is the secret: When you make a purchase using ecbs and the $5 CVS Duracell coupon, the ecbs won't go through. The cashier says "it will only take $5" or whatever... have them scan your card again! I did it today and it worked. The manager (Diego the $#%*) scanned my card at the beginning. At the end he said, "sorry you can't use your ecbs." I asked him to scan my card again, then scan the ecbs. It worked and he said "is that your little trick?" and then when my receipt printed out he looked it over for a long time. I swear he thinks I'm robbing him, but I'm just a smarter shopper then him.

Another secret: Inland Empire shoppers, the Rialto store doesn't have 99 cent greeting cards (except Valentine for kids, my mom and I checked almost every card) but the San Bernardino store on University has a whole 99 cent section that is pretty much untouched. I usually buy the 99 cent ones at Walmart but these ones are much better quality!!

Want to see more CVS savings? Visit the "Cents"ible Sawyer's CVS Superstars!...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in So Cal as well but in Orange County and I am getting the same feedback from store managers and all around customer service people at my CVS's I actually stopped going for a few weeks because they made me feel like a criminal. I emailed cvs and the regional manager responded to me however it seems they know I am the one that told on them and really look at me crazy now when I come in. It's so sad for us to be trying to save money in these hard times they are trying to do everything in there power to make it very hard.

Doris said...

Yay! Finally a SoCal Shopper! I found you through Centsible Sawyer. I've been trying to find a blogger to find SoCal deals through, I'm so glad I found yours. My local CVS is nice to me. I'm starting to get the weird looks from the assistant managers though since I'm always in there, but nothing rude.

Shari said...

thats good to know about the cards and University, Im headed up there tomorrow to finish the pepsi deal, the Highland store was out of 2 liters. GRR

Anonymous said...

If you have the cashier scan your ECB's then the coupon it will work just fine. I had a manager at a local CVS show me this. She also asked if I had gotten the coupon at their CVS, I hadn't. They had taken all of theirs down as they were tired of dealing with the problem. Also at another CVS, where I was trying to get the most bang for my ECB's the cashier told me that CVS has hired a company just to check out the redemption of coupons people are using at CVS as they think something is up. Then she went on to talk about people printing off made up coupons that were fake from their computers, Yes I had a couple of ones printed but they were real.