Monday, May 11, 2009

CVS strategy


I have come up with a strategy for being able to save my ECBs until ECBs are back in California.

I spent all of my ECBs, and then returned the items. Since I paid with ECBs, I can't get money back so the cashier has to return the items and put them on a gift card. Now I have my ECBs on a CVS gift card that doesn't expire. Now I am not so bitter. I'm still missing the deals the rest of the country gets, but now I don't have to start over.

Here is another trick that I just learned a couple days ago: Keep scanning your card to get coupons at the price check machine. Today I scanned my card 3 times and got 12 coupons. You never know when these coupons will come in handy. I used to only scan my card once, I hate to think of all the coupons I have missed out on.

San Bernardino shoppers: Bittersweet nightmare come true!!!
You all know I hate the manager Diego at the San Bernardino store, good news I heard the employees say that he was transferred to a Fontana store- yay!!

I also hate the cashier Sharon!! She has a real problem with me getting stuff free, she acts like I'm robbing HER. So today I went to CVS to make my return and get my spent ECBs onto a money card. The cashier doesn't know what to do, because I got something for free and now I want to return it. I told her to just put it on a money card, but she has to have "manager permission." So she gets on the loud speaker and says "Sharon come to the front." I thought oh, there is a new manager named Sharon, I can't wait to meet her. Then the horrible nightmare comes true, here comes cashier from hell Sharon, and now she is a manager!!! I about fell on the floor. Hopefully since she is a new manager she will work a lot of nights which is when I don't shop at CVS.

That's all for now......take my advice: go spend your ECBs, return the items and get your hard earned ECBs put onto a gift card.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutley hate going to the san bernardino/university cvs. I don't know the cashiers names but this one older woman HATES me. I never go in there and buy multiples of anything and I always use real/legal coupons but she just glares at me and is totally rude. The highland store is so much nicer, the employees like me. Luckily my daughter goes to school right down the street so I dont have to waste my time at the university store even though its so much closer to home.
Shari

SoCalCheapSkate said...

Shari- I agree the store is horrible, but I live one minute away :( I sometimes go to the Baseline store because it is kind of on the way home from work. It is a scary neigbhorhood, but they always have what I want and some of the cashiers cheer me on. I like the Highland store too, but it is really far from me.

Passion_Tea said...

You should ask one of the employees what the do with returned merchandise. Some places actually have to throw it away or send it back to the manufacturers even if its unopen. They say that once it leaves the store, they can't resell it. But this may or may not be the case at CVS, just letting you know though!

Anonymous said...

Im really close to the san b store also, on exit away, and my husband is a mngr at the univ walmart,but I avoid the store as much as possible. I have never been to the one on baseline. My husband wont let me go with the kids LOL If my daughter didn't go to school in highland I probably woulda given up the cvs game ages ago just because I going to that store.

As for CVS having to trash/resend items back, depending on the item, walmart puts it back on the shelf.

Shari

SoCalCheapSkate said...

I bought a backpack and some summer toys. When I returned them, I saw an employee put them back on the shelf. I wouldn't buy something that wouldn't return easily like baby formula or diapers.

Doris said...

I did the same thing when they stopped ECBs but the cashier only put the actual cash I paid onto a Gift Card which was $4, all the ECBs I had paid with (about $25) was lost. :( Should they have given me a Gift Card with the ECB as credit? I was really bummed that I lost all those ECBs.

Unknown said...

Yes, you should have gotten a gift card with your spent ecbs on it. So sorry to hear you lost your ecbs :(