Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Coupon organization

Since I've gotten so involved in collecting coupons, I have found that I need to be organized. The way that I store coupon inserts is by using a crate with hanging file folders.








On Sundays I go through the inserts and clip which ever coupons I know that I will use. I keep the inserts and file them by date. This way I still have the inserts in case I find out about double coupon days some place or find a deal on a coupon that I didn't clip. The files make it easy to grab what I need.

I also have a file for store ads. In the past I had what my husband calls "a rats nest" of inserts, and ads. I had several nests throughout the house and in my car. Now they are all in one file. If I am going away for the weekend or camping, it is easy to throw the crate in the car and always have my coupons with me. Yes, I know I am obsessed I'd grab this crate if there was a fire, after my dogs of course!

It would be easy to add files to meet your needs, for example a restaurant coupon file, etc.

I just picked up to crate files at CVS this week for $0.50. Maybe my mom, Nanny or Marsha would want one....

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

speaking of double days not sure if you heard yet but kmart is having double coupom days again starting tomorrow. I called my local Kmart here in Costa Mesa and they are participating so check it out!!

Shari said...

I need to start doing that, I just started using coupons 2 months ago and I am in the rat nest stage LOL

Anonymous said...

IN CASE OF FIRE KEEP THE COUPONS NEXT TO THE FRONT DOOR!!!!!

Anonymous said...

LL, I love your idea with the coupons holders....Love,Nanny

Unknown said...

Ill have to try the coupon holders. Right now I just have them in a stack and it gets messy when looking through them. In order to find coupons though ive been using CouponTom . They have a live search option which makes looking up coupons really fast.